Friday, August 12, 2011

Week In The Life ~ Step 3

After I chose my 7 favorites to enlarge, I had to move onto the smaller photos. I had a ton of photos to sort through because sometimes I had to take 10 photos to get one good one. So my next step started with going through the photos day by day and deleting the blurry and really bad photos that I would never use. After that it was still a lot of photos so for my overwhelmed mind, I worked 4 photos at a time. My inspiration for this came from Ali's post about bringing the photos together. In this she shows how to crop/resize and drag 4 lil photos to one 5x7, in order to save on printing costs. I print at home with my Epson R1900 and eventually ran out of ink and 5x7 paper. HEEHEE. I just got my ink yesterday, so I then put the lil photos on 8.5x11 photo paper, which worked out just as well. Below are the different page protectors I will be working with and some of the photos I have printed. I really lucked out and for each of my family, I was able to make a photo booth type strip...they are super funny. Those are printed on 8.5x11 and the photos are roughly 3x3. (some are a lil smaller to fit in the 11inch height) I'm going to trim them to the same width and cut a regular 8.5x11 page protector to fit, then sew the page protector to hold the strips in. I can't wait to start cutting up these photos! Only 2 more days to print!

Ali is done with her book already and you can check it out here. I'm really enjoying this project so much and I hope you are too!
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment