Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday

It's that time again....time to get your snoop on thanks to Julia over at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/. Don't feel guilty, everyone is doing it! Thank you to everyone who stopped by last week and left me a lovely comment. I've been trying to make it to more and more blogs every week as long as I don't have kids melting down. ;)

I can't show you my first desk, as it has a work in progress for an upcoming ATC swap! So here is desk number two. I unpacked Mr. Vagabond and used him this week which was fun! Love that I can cut grunge board ~ super cool. The IKEA spice jars now have buttons in them since the flowers wouldn't fit. Wow, let me tell you, I didn't realize I had so many as to fill all the jars. Now that they are separated by color I will hopefully use them more.


These are the shelves to hold the new button jars. They come in natural wood, so I painted them a dark brown to match my desks. Can't wait to hang these babies up on the weekend!

More projects for my lil girls room. I found these awesome felt place mats at Bed Bath and Beyond and they were only $1! To spruce them up a bit, I added some stickles. They will be a boarder for one of her walls. She especially loves the butterflies!


Thanks for stopping by!
Much love,
Chrissy

13 comments:

  1. Nice idea for the girlies room I love my vagabond to

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Storage, shelves and jars - what I need too. The flowers look fab and so funky...
    Thanks for sharing today,

    Sarah at 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the shelves and all those button!Surprising how many you have until you come and sort them!
    As for Mr "v" well you will love it!the die cutter is the best and love trying all types material .I wouldnt be without my Mr V.Have fun!
    Happy Creative Wednesday
    huigs Juide x8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab decorations.Don't you just love those ikea jars i have lots of them. Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your flowers and pots of goodies, thank you for sharing. Happy WOYWW 101, not long left until the 2nd anniversary, have you done your PIF? #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the mats Chrissy - aren't they wonderful colours! I'm not at all surprised by the number of buttons - but I've bet you've got more flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great things going on and I love your idea with those mats too,
    love jozArty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must get myself some of those lovely jars from Ikea. Those mats are great, wonderful idea. Happy WOYWW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for your little girl's room Chrissy! and I'm thrilled to hear you'll be in the Blissful swap-I hope we get to be partners!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great jars! And good idea to sort them by colour! I have one big mason jar filled with buttons and you know I have to dump the whole thing out to find the "right" button, lol! Those jars will look so nice on those dark wood shelves! Be sure to post a picture!
    Thanks for visiting me!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some of those jars but they house sweets! Only three by the way!
    Love my Vagabond and am sure you will too - great machine.
    Good luck with the new look you are achieving, hope we get to see the new shelving when it is finished. Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those IKEA spice jars, I use them myself for all that "small stuff" like buttons etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Chrissy such amazing organisation. well done you!! and love the butterflies too! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete