Friday, May 20, 2011

Snail Mail and ART!

Wow, I'm on a roll this week ~ 3 posts! Watch out! ;) Yesterday was a great snail mail day for me. I received a piece of art all the way from Boston, thanks to http://chowdergallery.blogspot.com/. Check her out, she creates great pieces. I randomly found her through a friend on facebook! hahaha oh facebook, you make this big world seem small at times. This is called Poppies II. I really love the colors! (If you read yesterdays post, red and orange are my fav!)


I also received my ATC from my swap buddy! This month I participated in my very first ATC swap over at http://blissfullatcswap.blogspot.com/. I've been wanting to make an artist trading card for a while now and finally got up the nerve to ask if I could play along. The theme for May was "movies" ~ very wide topic. So I started thinking about what I wanted to create....and I stumbled upon http://frillyunderwear.blogspot.com/p/rubber-stamps.html. This chick creates really off the wall images for digital stamps and a few rubber stamps ~ totally up my alley! I visited her Etsy shop and downloaded my first digi stamp ~ Pinocchio. I chose this because my daughter has started to want to watch the movie on a daily basis. This is what I sent to my swap buddy in sunny Cali. I had a great time with this! I colored the canvas with a few alcohol inks and sprayed the canvas with Sunflower Perfect Pearl Mist to resemble a starry night. The grunge board bird cage is a T!m Holtz die, that I cut the bottom a bit to fit better. I inked it up with Walnut and Old Paper Distress ink and sprayed it with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearl Mist. I attached another goodie from T!m, the letter P. (Can you tell I just got a bunch of his products?) I think he turned out super cool.


My partner, http://frostedpetunias.blogspot.com/ sent me a super cute card and TWO ATC's! She ended up hooking them together, and it turned out fabulous. She went old school and I love it.


Well, I need to go pack my lil girls bag. She is going on her first sleep over at a close friends house, we call her Auntie Pease. I'm sure she's gonna have a great time!
Have an awesome weekend!
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment